If you have a trip planned in the near future, you may already be thinking about your carry-on situation, especially if your trip is a short one.
Carry-on bags can help you avoid the dreaded baggage claim with a smaller suitcase that fits in the plane’s overhead compartment.
However, the savvy traveler is looking for a carry-on that delivers more than a compartment for clothes. Features, such as spacious storage areas, compact footprint, durable and lightweight design and easy maneuverability, are musts for frequent travelers.
But buying a carry-on bag can be overwhelming with the many options available today.
- Samsonite Freeform Carry-on Spinner: “Considering the reasonable price, durable construction, and spacious capacity, we think it’s a great choice for frequent fliers and anyone in need of a high-quality carry-on,” Travel + Leisure says.
- Away The Carry-On: “This great-looking and relatively resilient piece of hard-sided luggage has top-of-the-line components—including wheels as smooth-rolling as any we’ve tested,” Wirecutter says.
- Briggs & Riley Baseline Essential Carry-On: “This suitcase is expandable and features two rolling wheels, an extendable handle and a built-in TSA-approved lock. Because of its clever trifold garment feature, it’s especially suited for anyone traveling for business or a formal occasion,” Forbes says.
- Travelpro Platinum Elite Softside Spinner: “For anyone seeking a single piece of handsome, well-priced, thoughtfully organized carry-on luggage that will transition effortlessly from high-profile business trips to relaxed international vacations, this is the case we’d point you toward first,” GearLab says.
- Delsey Paris Cruise 3.0 Carry-on Spinner: “One side of the clam-shell style suitcase can be zipped up with a mesh divider to keep your items like clothes and toiletry bag safely in place. The other side is crisscrossed by elastic straps, and the entire lining is removable and washable,” People says.
RELATED STORIES ABOUT RETAIL AND SHOPPING:
The best travel pillows to buy in 2023, according to reviews
lululemon’s new Everywhere belt bag is a winter gamechanger under $40
When is Black Friday 2023? What to expect and early deals
Our journalism needs your support. Please subscribe today to NJ.com.
Dawn Magyar can be reached at [email protected]. Have a tip? Tell us at nj.com/tips.